Intern season, that is. Summer in D.C. is brutal (the humidity + tourists = BLEH), but the new wave of interns that hits the city this time of year is something I strangely look forward to.*
- This blog shall be updated everyday with hilarious anecdotes.
- There will finally be people my age on my floor…or in my agency…or, frankly, within a five block radius of where I work. Yay!
- This blog shall ALSO be updated everyday with hilarious anecdotes.
- If you’re in an “Intern hotspot” like, for instance, the Foggy Bottom Whole Foods, you can overhear awkward and sometimes entitled undergrads discussing the policies and legislation they helped “shape” or “write” that day.
- I can try and spot all of THESE interns. Emily D., perhaps I can convince you to make an intern bingo board since you’re so good at things like that?
But seriously, most interns have wonderful attitudes and work ethics. I myself have championed the plight of unpaid interns and deeply sympathize with them during this odd, pre-white collar phase of life. It’s just fun to pick out the exceptions to the rule (ex: the badge happy, flip-flop wearing odd ball) and laugh at them via the blogosphere. Thank you, Internet. Thank you, D.C. Thank you, interns!!