Have mercy on me, readers/fellow bloggers! I’ve been such a slacker lately. I’ve allowed both good and bad things to distract me from my Life in Labels routine. To be honest, I’m rather ashamed of myself. I feel as though I owe you an honest explanation.
So, here goes…
Things I’ve been doing lately instead of blogging:
1) Instagramming (that’s a verb, right?)
2) Being both inspired and horrified by recent events at UVA. While I was angered by the lack of transparency during the attempted ousting of President Sullivan, watching the university community rally together to demand justice and honor was just amazing. I still have faith in my alma mater.
3) Staying [mostly] vegan in a non-vegan world.
3) Making and slowly tackling an ever expanding “adult to-do list” (written in bright green magic marker, fyi). Said list includes multiple trips to the DMV, yelling at utility companies over the phone, buying wedding gifts, and creating a detailed two-year timeline for long term career and educational goals. Just typing about it makes me tired…
4) Attempting to relive my English major days of old. I joined an amazing book club in my area via Meetup.com. It’s been over two years since college, but I’d forgotten just how wonderful it can be to sit down, take a break from life, and talk about a great book with interesting people. I remember walking away from a two hour discussion on To Kill a Mockingbird thinking, “Uh…yes. That is what I was missing.”
4) Becoming obsessed with Game of Thrones. Seriously, universe? Just when I thought I would have a productive summer, I trip over a new guilty pleasure. Awesome.
5) Compiling detailed histories of specific bands of spectrum. You’re welcome, America.
8) Traveling to Charleston, SC to visit some of my favorite people, lay on the beach, eat delicious food, check out some art, and stroll through gorgeous streets lined with palm trees and wrap around porches.
7) Catching up w/ old friends both virtually and in person. I obviously don’t regret this particular distraction. This month I’ve been very spoiled by all of the old friends that have visited me in the D.C. area and all the friends that still keep in touch with me via Skype. This month has been busy, but not lonely.
Thank you for forgiving me and my negligent blogging ways. I’ll try my best to combat any laziness and procrastination in the future!